Dr. Ali Sadeghi is a pioneer of fat grafting to breasts, a newer technique used in breast restoration, augmentation, and reconstruction. It is more commonly used in breast restoration and reconstruction as an adjunct to correct for minor asymmetry issues after the initial breast reconstruction surgery. It is also used in primary augmentation of breasts, and in conjunction with mastopexy, to provide fullness and cleavage to breasts.
Fat injections to breasts can provide the following results:
- Overall volume augmentation of the breasts to increase breast size by one cup size
- Lipoinjection to provide symmetry and fullness to breasts
- Provide superior and medial fullness to enhance cleavage of breasts
- Contour correction in breasts affected by lumpectomy and breast radiation
- Provide symmetry and reconstruct breasts in patients dissatisfied with previous breast reconstructive surgery
This simple breast restoration procedure usually requires liposuction for fat to be removed from donor areas such as the abdomen, hips and thighs (generally wherever we can find fat), followed by reinjection of the fat into the breasts through very small incisions. Recovery from this procedure usually takes around 1-2 days.
While all breast reconstruction patients certainly have options, not all patients are good candidates for this procedure. Contact us to schedule a visit with Dr. Sadeghi to discuss your options and find the procedure that is right for you.